- Study: Foreign Countries Intervene in Civil Wars 100 Times More Often when Afflicted Countries Have Oil
- Ukraine’s Government Is Losing Its War. Here Is Why:
- Series Sends Norwegian Fashion Bloggers to Observe Cambodian Garment Industry
- Greece at the Crossroads: the Oligarchs Blew It
- As The Middle Class Evaporates, Global Oligarchs Plan Their Escape Form The Impoverished Pleb Masses
- Handcuffs, Leg Shackles and Tasers: The New Face of Punishment in the Public Schools
- Former Marine on Chris Kyle, American Sniper, and Social Implications
- The Federal Reserve Has Declared the Winner in the Generational Financial War
- New Documentary, “Censored Voices”, Offers Revelations about Israel’s 1967 War of Aggression, Conquest
- The REAL Terror Threat
- Mariupol-Donetsk-Frunza! Can Poroshenko Escape Crimes Against Humanity Trial?
- Rupert Murdoch’s Sky News Portrays Ukraine’s ‘Far Right’ as ‘Heroes’
- “We murdered some folks” in Guantanamo
- Barry McDaniel and 15 Reasons to Investigate Stratesec
- Facts All US Citizens Need to Know About Israel and Palestine (202,427 views)
- West Coast of North America to Be Hit Hard by Fukushima Radiation (179,575 views)
- Non-Muslims Carried Out More than 90% of All Terrorist Attacks on U.S. Soil (166,390 views)
- The Government Is Spying On Us Through Our Computers, Phones, Cars, Buses, Streetlights, At Airports And On The Street, Via Mobile Scanners And Drones, Through Our Smart Meters, And In Many Other Ways (144,590 views)
- First Congress Member Allowed to Read Secret Treaty Says “There Is No National Security Purpose In Keeping This Text Secret … This Agreement Hands The Sovereignty of Our Country Over to Corporate Interests” (113,784 views)
- The Missiles That Brought Down TWA Flight 800 (103,860 views)
- Dr. King family’s civil trial verdict: US government assassinated Martin (101,212 views)
- The SINGLE Most Important Step to Protect Yourself from Government Spying (87,555 views)
- Scorecard: How Many Rights Have Americans REALLY Lost? (80,810 views)
- "These Programs Were Never About Terrorism: They're About Economic Spying, Social Control, and Diplomatic Manipulation. They're About Power" (78,385 views)
- What Is The ACTUAL Risk for Pacific Coast Residents from Fukushima Radiation? (77,556 views)
- Indications that the U.S. Is Planning a Nuclear Attack Against Russia (65,129 views)
- Reddit Censors Big Story About Government Manipulation and Disruption of the Internet (60,568 views)
- Americans Have Lost VIRTUALLY ALL of Our Constitutional Rights (57,346 views)
If you wish to reproduce any essays from this site:
You may reproduce our essays as long as you give proper attribution (Washington's Blog) and provide a link to our site at the top of the post.
National Security and Copyright NoticesNational Security Notice
We are NOT calling for the overthrow of the government. In fact, we are calling for the reinstatement of our government.
We are not calling for lawlessness. We are calling for an end to lawlessness and lack of accountability and a return to the rule of law.
Rather than trying to subvert the constitution, we are calling for its enforcement.
We are patriotic Americans born and raised in this country. We love the U.S. We don't seek to destroy or attack America ... we seek to restore her to strength, prosperity, liberty and respect.
We don't support or like Al Qaeda, the Taliban or any supporting groups. We think they are all disgusting.
The nation's top legal scholars say that draconian security laws which violate the Constitution should not apply to Americans.
Should you attempt to shut down this site or harass its authors, you are anti-liberty, anti-justice, anti-American ... and undermining America's national security.
We are not copyright pirates. We do not seek to destroy all copyright law.
Even the country's top copyright lawyers oppose draconian anti-piracy laws.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of political, economic, scientific, and educational issues. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to:
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Tag Archives: inflation
Rather than being the Monster Under the Bed in central bank nightmares, deflation is the natural result of a competitive economy experiencing productivity gains. That the global Status Quo is terrified of deflation is the background of every policy decision … Continue reading
The 2% target is low enough that the household frogs in the kettle of hot water never realize they’re being boiled alive because the increase is so gradual. A comment by correspondent David C. suggested the importance of demonstrating the … Continue reading
You can print all the money you want, but it will never boost wages to keep up with prices. Central banks have been pursuing two goals for the past six years: ignite inflation and an expansion of debt that will … Continue reading
Financial and risk bubbles don’t pop in a vacuum–all the phantom collateral constructed with mal-invested free money for financiers will also implode. If there’s one absolute truism we hear again and again, it’s that central banks are desperately trying to create inflation. … Continue reading
Trying to “fix” a sclerotic, inefficient state-cartel economy by boosting inflation–the ultimate goal of Japan’s Monetary Pearl Harbor– is a self-liquidating path to destruction. The Bank of Japan’s surprise expansion of financial stimulus strikes me as the monetary equivalent of … Continue reading
We’re being hit with a double-whammy: Wages are under deflationary pressure, and almost everything else is exposed to inflationary pressure. As correspondent Mark G. observed in Globalization = Permanent Instability, it’s impossible to understand inflation and deflation now except in a … Continue reading
Obama Represents U.S. & Arabic Aristocracies, Against Those of Russia & Iran. Eric Zuesse INTRODUCTION: Why is the Ukrainian Government, which the U.S. supports, bombing the pro-Russian residents who live in Ukraine’s own southeast? Why is the American … Continue reading
Eric Zuesse http://vineyardsaker.blogspot.ru/2014/09/dmitri-rogozin-interviewed-by-vladimir.html The Floridian blogger about Russia, “Vineyard of the Saker,” posted an English translation on September 29th of an informative interview on Russian television. (You can see the entire translated interview at http://vineyardsaker.blogspot.ru/2014/09/dmitri-rogozin-interviewed-by-vladimir.html.) Deputy Prime Minister Dmitri Rogozin, who has … Continue reading
Headlines in the World’s Only Great Newspaper: Starting This Past Weekend, Till Today Eric Zuesse Where can one go in order to find honestly reported news in the English language? I have long searched to find the answer to that … Continue reading
Events, food purchased away from home and live entertainment are increasingly unaffordable to the bottom 90%. It’s starting to feel like a $5 bill is the new $1 bill: everything that could be purchased with one or two dollars not that long … Continue reading
Getting Rid of Residents of Regions that Voted ‘the Wrong Way.’ Here’s How Obama’s Team Eliminates the Electorate for Viktor Yanukovych (Whom Obama Overthrew in February 2014), Trashing Them So As To Assure that ‘Democracy’ in Ukraine Won’t Elect Another … Continue reading
Just as the Federal Reserve cannot directly force you to stick the needle of monetary heroin (debt) into your arm, it also can’t force employers to pay employees more. The official policy of the Central Bank (Federal Reserve)/government is: inflation … Continue reading
Just as we can’t eat iPods, we can’t subsist on official reassurances that the Fed and inflation are both benign. There is a great divergence between the conventional financial media and the public who goes to the supermarket: the financial media … Continue reading
Regardless of what we eat, we’re actually eating oil. Anyone who buys their own groceries (as opposed to having a full-time cook handle such mundane chores) knows that the cost of basic foods keeps rising, despite the official claims that inflation is … Continue reading
Priced in gold and stocks, wheat is near multi-decade lows. That may not last. Measuring the cost of anything in currency can be misleading. As we know, inflation can be gamed by authorities to appear low, and supposedly low inflation is … Continue reading
So why does the government maintain such a transparently inaccurate and misleading metric? For three reasons. That the official rate of inflation doesn’t reflect reality is obvious to anyone paying college tuition and healthcare out of pocket. The debate over the … Continue reading
We’re being Fed to the sharks, every day, one morsel at a time. What a way to go…. What can we say about the Federal Reserve’s policies that hasn’t been said a million times? How about simplifying the two primary … Continue reading