Three essential questions:
- How are we certain US/UK/Israel current armed attacks are unlawful and lie-began Wars of Aggression?
- How would arrests of “leaders” happen?
- What can the average person do to help cause arrests of obvious criminals for obvious War Crimes?
- How are we certain US/UK/Israel current armed attacks are unlawful and lie-began Wars of Aggression?
The short answer is because the two treaties that make a government’s armed attack upon another nation are so crystal-clear in letter and intent, and the US/UK/Israel wars are not even close to the definition of “self-defense” that makes war lawful.
Two world wars begat two treaties to end nations’ armed attacks: the Kellogg-Briand Pact (General treaty for renunciation of war as an instrument of national policy as official title), and the United Nations Charter. Article Six of the US Constitution defines a treaty as US “supreme Law of the Land;” meaning that US policy may only complement an active treaty, and never violate it.
War law can be safely summarized as unlawful in all cases except in direct self-defense from armed attack by another nation’s government (full explanation and documentation here).
US/UK/Israel violations of war law are “Emperor’s New Clothes” and “Big Lie” obvious, tragic-comic and Orwellian opposite of the laws won by all our families from two world wars. They are a mockery of anyone with an Oath to uphold the US Constitution.
We can be certain that US/UK/Israel wars violate war law as easily as a group of us would recognize a car speeding through a stop sign, or a baseball pitch ten feet over the batter’s head not being close to a strike. When we know the law, gross violations are just that obvious.
More helpful summary to recognize the big picture:
- Since WW2, Earth has had 248 armed conflicts. The US started 201 of them.
- These US-started armed attacks have killed ~30 million and counting; 90% of these deaths are innocent children, the elderly and ordinary working civilian women and men.
- The US has war-murdered more than Hitler’s Nazis.
- US official reports now confirm all “reasons” the US told for current armed attacks were known to be false as they were told.
- US wars and rhetoric for more wars continue a long history of lie-began US Wars of Aggression. The most decorated US Marine general in his day warned all Americans of this fact of lie-started wars for 1% plunder.
- The US Army’s official law handbook agrees with this legal summary in explaining the law (but then baldly states all current US military actions are “self-defense” without explanation).
- In contrast to lie-started US/UK/Israel wars not even close to lawful; Americans would never allow a favorite sport to be destroyed by such outrageous fundamental rule violations.
- The categories of crime for armed attacks outside US treaty limits of law are Wars of Aggression (the worst crime a nation can commit) and treason for lying to US military and causing thousands of US military deaths.
- People around the world view the US as the greatest threat to peace; voted three times more dangerous than any other country.
- The UK’s role in war on Iraq was found illegal by all 27 of their Foreign Affairs Department lawyers. Not even one self-serving lawyer hoping to gain favor in government could construct a legal argument that war on Iraq was lawful.
- Israel has a hostile military siege on Gaza; an act of war. Its armed attacks are illegal because Hamas (government of Palestine) rejects any attack on its powerful neighbor and proposes peaceful coexistence. Israel attacks unlawful targets: hospitals, media, schools, water, power. Full details here; update on Israel destroying infrastructure here, and Israel bombing another school (the 6th one at this point) despite the UN telling Israel literally 17 times the school was sheltering civilians from Israel having earlier destroying their homes with bombs.
- Importantly, we know for sure that US/UK/Israel openly lies that Iran threatens to “wipe Israel off the map;” directly refuted by the crystal-clear text in question by Iranian President Ahmadinejad in 2005 (more on Iran).
- Israel attacked the USS Liberty in 1967, despite her clear markings, five by eight foot US flag, and 10 hours of close-range Israel multiple aircraft observation. After the attack, Israeli helicopters with machine guns observed, pulled back, and allowed another attack by Israel fighter jets with torpedos (apparently the helicopter mission was to kill survivors in the water after sinking the Liberty). Eventually, the US Navy responded with fighter jets forcing the abort of Israel sinking the USS Liberty with deaths of over 300 Americans (34 were killed, 171 wounded). The apparent motivation was for Israel to create a false flag attack, and blame Egypt to manipulate US support of their war.
- Israel planted bombs to kill Americans in Egypt in 1954. This false flag operation, known today as the Lavon Affair, was to incite US alliance with Israel against a political enemy of Israel.
- Israel soldiers dressed as Palestinians to hurl rocks at Israeli soldiers in 2005 to incite public opinion against Palestinians.
- For more on Israel’s war on Gaza, I recommend here, here, here, here, here.
2. How would arrests of “leaders” happen?
First, a few important points for context:
- Anyone can understand war law as clearly as stop sign law. War law is far easier to understand than what makes a punt legal in American football, the infield fly rule in baseball, or even how to call a ball out in tennis.
- Clarity of the law will not matter if the law is intentionally unenforced by government who want war as a policy option. In addition, governments propagandize/lie, and corporate media repeats those lies in ongoing history to “cover” unlawful wars from public recognition.
- Therefore, the context we find ourselves in on 2014 Earth is a history of empire, colonialism, and post-WW2 neocolonialism where “developed” nations’ governments use war to control territory and resources. This brutal history includes two world wars, proxy-wars in the Cold War, and now never-ending “wars on terror.”
- The war-winners created the UN, and use it along with corporate media to “cover” their War Crimes in the present. They do this by lying about the facts, claiming their wars are always “self-defense” (the same argument as Imperial Rome) while having to destroy the meaning of that term, and never ever ever ever ever ever reminding the public of the crystal-clear law the public won that restricts armed attacks by government to a very narrow definition of “self-defense.”
This context means arrests of former colonial powers’ government leaders (and media) for unlawful Wars of Aggression would:
So how would arrests of say, US President Barack Obama and former President Bush, UK Prime Minister David Cameron and former PM Blair, and Israel PM Benjamin Netanyahu happen?
Given such arrests would be an absolute reversal of history to-date, this means history provides no precedent to explain how this would happen. Given this lack of precedence, these are possible scenarios:
- Federal law arrests for treason and/or other unlawful orders violating the US Constitution (consider Oath Keepers).
- State arrests for murder of residents under the unlawful lies to send residents to their deaths via unlawful Wars of Aggression.
- Military arrests for unlawful orders, Wars of Aggression.
- International Criminal Court (under similar control as the UN to avoid the biggest War Crimes).
- Citizen’s arrest.
Those interested in taking the lawful course of arrests of OBVIOUS War Crimes would have the unique challenge to marshal strategy to use limited resources for the endgame result of removing War Criminals from power.
I don’t recommend this course (nor do I argue against it), despite the future whereby humanity will ask those with arrest powers, “Why didn’t you act to arrest these psychopaths?”
The risk of failure at the personal level is high, which includes consequences of death, injury, imprisonment, torture, and ridicule. The risk of failing to uphold one’s Oath to the US Constitution include deaths of millions or billions of humans, planetary disasters affecting trillions of non-human species’ members, tyranny, injury, poverty, debt-slavery, and being a pimp serving all of the above.
Predictably, any efforts for arrests would require unknown multiple failures before sufficient numbers of the public recognize arrests are rational and preferable to ongoing War Crimes that kill millions, harm billions, and loot trillions of our dollars.
Also, arrests of “leaders” opens the playing field for whistle-blowers to come forward so we can discover the whole truth of our planetary management. I recommend Truth & Reconciliation to encourage people to come forward with valuable information. We’ll need to engage with the unprecedented condition of criminal “leaders” who have perhaps 5% of the population also deeply engaged in crimes as minions.
3. What can the average person do to help cause arrests of obvious criminals for obvious War Crimes?
Again, this challenging strategy requires invention given zero historical record that seems very helpful. And that said, each of us has the power to think, speak, and take actions consistent with the future we most want.
If I had to bet, we’ll see this:
- Continued awakening of people to what will be recognized as OBVIOUS crimes centering in war and money.
- As people become bolder, we’ll hit an Emperor’s New Clothes moment whereby in a relative moment the criminal “leaders” are seen for what they are and removed from power.
- The transition at this point is a literal apocalypse: Greek for uncovering with profound consequence. It could be destructive to the extent of the oligarchs unleashing every weapon they have, to relatively peaceful surrender. If you’re a person of religious faith and/or philosophical spirituality, here’s a strong opportunity to exercise it.
As I’ve suggested:
Relax and have fun ‘cuz we’re guests on Earth, not management: For the first part of my activist career, I operated to save human lives from poverty as quickly as possible. The hard truth is that I am insufficiently powerful to produce that outcome on my own; I am only able to offer this outcome (or any other) in networks for various groups’ consideration.