avenge: to take vengeance on behalf of
“The only thing new in the world is the history you don’t know.” – President Harry Truman, Plain Speaking: An Oral Biography of Harry S. Truman (1974) by Merle Miller, pg. 26.
3-minute video: Police, Military – Was your Oath sincere?
Memorial Day is to honor US military who died during active duty. Honorable US military enlist to protect and defend American values explicit in the Declaration of Independence, and American rights explicit in the US Constitution. Importantly, all US military and many categories of government employees take an Oath to protect and defend the US Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
But how can we the living best honor our fallen family, friends, and countrymen when we discover that US .01% “leaders” have lied us to serve in illegal Wars of Aggression for most of our nation’s history?
Indeed, the United States of the 21st Century has become among the most dangerous, destructive, and psychopathically vicious rogue state in Earth’s recorded history. Moreover, this conclusion is obvious in Emperor’s New Clothes clarity for anyone caring to look at objective and easily verifiable facts.
This article will:
- Define rogue state.
- Define United States from our values in the Declaration of Independence and lawfully guaranteed rights in the US Constitution.
- Contrast the rhetoric of what the US lawfully promises with its most prominent current policies in order to prove the US as a rogue state.
- Propose Americans demand arrests of .01% US “leaders” in government and corporate media as obvious lawful recourse to best honor all Americans, living and dead.
1. Defining rogue state:
Components of a rogue state include:
- violate international law with focus on destruction of human life,
- threaten other nations’ security,
- rule by authoritarian regimes,
- severely restrict human rights,
- sponsor terrorism,
- proliferate weapons of mass destruction,
- lie to their own people through controlled media,
- behave irrationally and not in its own best interests.
Consider two basic definitions of rogue state:
rogue state: A nation regarded as breaking international law and posing a threat to the security of other nations. ~ Oxford Dictionaries
rogue state: … ruled by authoritarian regimes that severely restrict human rights, sponsor terrorism, and seek to proliferate weapons of mass destruction. The term is used most by the United States… A common presumption applied to rogue states is that they do not necessarily behave rationally or in their own best interests. ~ common understanding of the term from Wikipedia
Let’s prove the US of today is both rogue and in Orwellian opposition of its founding ideals and constitution.
2. Defining United States from the Declaration of Independence and US Constitution:
The Declaration of Independence emphasizes:
- unalienable rights for everyone from our Creator,
- it is the function of government to secure those unalienable rights,
- our government only derives its power from the consent of the governed. Please note that “securing unalienable rights” is in Orwellian opposition of “in your face” explicit legislation to destroy those rights, and that government only derives its power from the consent of the governed.
The US Constitution is the rules of US government; that is, the promises by government to the public for the limits of its authority. The essential term, “limited government,” means the boundaries beyond which government action becomes unlawful. Limited government is the Enlightenment’s response to end unlimited government through claimed divine rights from kings. Limited government is also codified in the US Constitution’s 9th and 10th Amendments.
The US Constitution is the legal definition of United States what it means to “be American.” This form of limited government is called a “constitutional republic,” with express intent that government power is clearly understood and strictly limited by what is said in its constitution.
Importantly, it’s explicit and required under this form of government that if officials act beyond Constitutional limits of authority that they face impeachment and/or arrest to remove them from exercising unlawful power for unlawful acts.
It was from English violation of the 1689 “Bill of Rights” that our Founding Americans petitioned their government for restoration, and then revolted when King and Parliament refused to uphold rights that were crystal-clear in letter and intent (here for Jefferson’s argument in A summary view of the rights of British America). The specific violations included no representation in Parliament and no vote for taxation, a standing army on American soil, open-ended search warrants, mercantilism that acted as a de facto tax transferring wealth from Americans to a British oligarchy of politicians and insider merchants, and attempting to remove the people’s arms in militias for their defense that were paid and managed by local taxes.
The US Constitution documents detailed rights to all “persons” in the US Bill of Rights from prosecution by the US federal government, not “citizens.” These rights include freedom of speech and press without fear of being declared an enemy of the state, freedom from searches unless government obtains a specific warrant from a judge upon probable cause of having committed a crime, right to juries of one’s peers (both a Grand Jury to examine the evidence before a trial, and then to determine the facts of the case for innocence or guilt), freedom from helping the government’s case through one’s own testimony, a speedy and public jury trial, being informed of the government’s charges of alleged crimes, freedom to engage directly with government evidence and witnesses, immediate right to attorney representation, no excessive bail, and no torture.
Again, the US Constitution defines what the United States is and “being American.” If facts prove that our government is no longer limited by the laws in its constitution, we have to change its basic description from “constitutional republic” to another term. Keep this in mind.
3. Contrasting US lawful promises of limited government and rights with actual policy to match the US as a rogue state:
Now that I’ve reminded you of what the United States is as its constitutional limits and rights, lets compare those lawful promises with the components of a rogue state. Articles linked in this list fully explain, document, and prove factual claims:
- Violating international law, with focus on destruction of human life: the two most important international laws to follow for any nation are to not engage in Wars of Aggression, and not to engage in Crimes Against Humanity. The US ongoingly commits these crimes with:
a. Unlawful and lie-began wars that have killed ~30 million and counting; 90% of these deaths are innocent children, the elderly and ordinary working civilian women and men. The sum of 30 million means the US has war-murdered more than Hitler’s Nazis.
b. Intentional policy to continue deaths from poverty that total ~400 million just since 1996; most in gruesomely-slow agony, and a death total more than all wars in human history. Policy choices for illegal and lie-started wars rather than repeatedly promised policies to end poverty with less than 1% of national income make the US the most viciously psychopathic and deadly nation in Earth’s recorded history.
- Threatening other nations’ security: the US is recognized as Earth’s greatest threat to peace; voted three times more dangerous than any other country. Educated people outside the US more easily recognize US ongoing unlawful wars and threats for more war. Current threats to other nations’ security:
a. Ongoing political, financial, military, and propaganda support for Israel’s sadistic military siege and War of Aggression on Gaza.
b. Ongoing threats of nuclear attack on Iran based on easily-proven lies.
c. Ongoing threats and attacks on Syria.
- Rule by authoritarian regimes: the US dictates election results among a narrowed field of the rich and sponsored elite given attention by propagandistic corporate media, then decided through election fraud with unaccountable electronic voting machines. The US is also an authoritative regime through its monetary system of so-called “money” that is actually debt that creates accelerating and unpayable total debt.
- Severely restrict human rights: the US has destroyed nearly all rights lawfully guaranteed in the US Bill of Rights within the US Constitution, and in Orwellian inversion of limited government.
- Sponsor terrorism: US sponsorship of Israel’s slaughter upon unarmed Gaza in the world’s largest concentration camp, and supporting ISIS’ attacks on Syria (and here) are just two examples.
- Proliferate weapons of mass destruction: the US violates the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) (and here) by doing the Orwellian opposite of nuclear disarmament while denying Iran’s NPT right for assistance of nuclear energy and medicine. The US support of Israel’s nuclear weapons program, unlawful war on Iraq when they accepted currencies other than US dollars for oil beginning in 2000, and rhetoric for “regime change” in Iran when they accepted other currencies than US dollars for oil in 2003 are best explained as gangster business for petrodollar control under the threat of nuclear attack from the US and/or Israel. In addition, when Libya began discussing a rival African currency in 2009, Gaddafi was targeted for “regime change.”
- Lie to their own people through controlled media: the above documented crimes, destruction of elections and rights, terrorism, and proliferation of weapons of mass destruction (as well as the US as the global leader of weapons exports), are only possible by “covering the crimes” with lies by corporate media.
- Behave irrationally and not in its own best interests: perhaps “irrational” is better understood as “psychopathic”: a veneer of socially-acceptable behavior covering viciously destructive acts. The best case study to prove this point is the King Family civil trial with overwhelming evidence the jury found conclusive to convict the US government as guilty for assassinating Martin. The family’s conclusion for motive was to prevent Martin’s “occupation” of Washington, D.C. until the illegal Vietnam War was ended, and with those funds used to end poverty. In addition, the evidence that the US government assassinated President Kennedy is also overwhelming. Assassinations of public leaders, illegal wars on lies, accelerating debt, Orwellian corporate media, and destruction of its citizens’ rights are only rational for psychopaths.
4. Demanding arrests as the required and obvious public response:
The categories of crime include:
- Wars of Aggression (the worst crime a nation can commit).
- Likely treason for lying to US military, ordering unlawful attack and invasions of foreign lands, and causing thousands of US military deaths.
- Crimes Against Humanity for ongoing intentional policy of poverty that’s killed over 400 million human beings just since 1995 (~75% children; more deaths than from all wars in Earth’s recorded history).
US military, law enforcement, and all with Oaths to support and defend the US Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, face an endgame choice:
- Demand arrests, with those with lawful authority to enact it. An arrest is the lawful action to stop apparent crimes, with the most serious crimes documented here meaning the most serious need for arrests.
- Watch the US escalate its rogue state crimes that annually kill millions, harm billions, and loot trillions.
In just 90 seconds, former US Marine Ken O’Keefe powerfully states how you may choose to voice “very obvious solutions”: arrest the criminal leaders (video starts at 20:51, then finishes this episode of Cross Talk):
These War Crimes and war lies are usual: I document in my eleven section history series (hyperlinks to be updated as series is published, with original links now for your convenience):
- Introduction to define ‘rogue state’ as perfect match with US illegal Wars of Aggression, Crimes Against Humanity, dictatorial government
- The US violated ~600 treaties with Native Americans to steal Native American land. A treaty is signed by a US President, approved by 2/3 vote of the US Senate, and under Article VI of the US Constitution becomes US “supreme Law.” These ongoing “in your face” violations of “supreme Law” became the precedent to typical hypocritical and unlawful US policies of the present.
- US President Polk lied to Congress (with their approval) to initiate War of Aggression on Mexico. The result was the US illegally stealing 40% of Mexico in 1848. Congress opposed Abraham Lincoln’s crystal-clear explanation as a member of Congress that the Adams-Onís Treaty placed the so-called “border dispute” 400 miles within land forever promised to Mexico and forever promised as outside any US claim.
- The US violated our treaty with Hawaii and stole their country in 1898.
- The US reneged on promises of freedom after the Spanish American War to impose colonialism on the Philippines, and install US-friendly dictators in Cuba. US military slaughtered resisters, calling them yesterday’s version of “terrorists.”
- The US entered WW1 upon no national security threat to the US, and imprisoned the 3rd party presidential candidate for challenging “official reasons” for war.
- The CIA had several covert wars; perhaps most important in today’s context of war on Iran: “Operation Ajax” (and here) that overthrew Iran’s democracy and installed a US-friendly and brutal dictator. When that dictator was overthrown and Iran refused another, the US aided Iraq to unlawfully invade and attack Iran from 1980-1988; killing up to a million Iranians. If the US lied and acted twice to unlawfully overthrew Iran’s democracy within many of our own lifetimes, shouldn’t we assume first another lie-started unlawful war today?
- The Vietnam War followed US permission to cancel the election to unify the country. The US stopped democracy to keep a friendly government, and perhaps to have ongoing live weapons testing and development. War escalated with the Gulf of Tonkin incident, deliberate provocation to manipulate a false-flag event for “defensive” war.
- Perhaps most disturbing is the King Family civil suit that found the US government guilty in the assassination of Dr. King (and here). Corporate media, including our text publishers, omit this history. The King family’s conclusion is that Martin was assassinated to prevent his “Occupy DC” plan beginning for the summer of 1968 to end his version of today’s wars.
- We now know from Congressional reports that all “reasons” for war with Iraq were known to be false as they were told.
- The two “reasons” for war with Iran are as false as the “reasons” for war with Iraq: Iran never threatened Israel, and Iran’s nuclear energy and medicine programs are IAEA-verified as completely safe and lawful.
Thorsten Pattberg’s 5-minute March of the US Empire:
George Washington’s final public message was for “We the People” to recognize if the US devolved into a rogue state:
In the cumulating message of his 45 years of service with his Farewell Address, George Washington wrote an open letter to the American public.
Please give George two minutes of your attention:
“All obstructions to the execution of the laws, all combinations and associations, under whatever plausible character, with the real design to direct, control, counteract, or awe the regular deliberation and action of the constituted authorities, are destructive of this fundamental principle, and of fatal tendency. They serve to organize faction, to give it an artificial and extraordinary force; to put, in the place of the delegated will of the nation the will of a party, often a small but artful and enterprising minority of the community; and, according to the alternate triumphs of different parties, to make the public administration the mirror of the ill-concerted and incongruous projects of faction, rather than the organ of consistent and wholesome plans digested by common counsels and modified by mutual interests.
However combinations or associations of the above description may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely, in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion…
In offering to you, my countrymen, these counsels of an old and affectionate friend, I dare not hope they will make the strong and lasting impression I could wish; that they will control the usual current of the passions, or prevent our nation from running the course which has hitherto marked the destiny of nations. But, if I may even flatter myself that they may be productive of some partial benefit, some occasional good; that they may now and then recur to moderate the fury of party spirit, to warn against the mischiefs of foreign intrigue, to guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism; this hope will be a full recompense for the solicitude for your welfare, by which they have been dictated.”
George’s admonition of “impostures of pretended patriotism” to “direct, control, counteract, or awe the regular deliberation and action of the constituted authorities” is exactly what the US has become: a rogue state, and requires public voice for lawful arrests to end its vicious destruction.
It is also what Benjamin Franklin predicted would be the eventual outcome of the United States. On September 18, 1787, just after signing the US Constitution, Ben met with members of the press. He was asked what kind of government America would have. Franklin warned: “A republic, if you can keep it.” In his speech to the Constitutional Convention, Franklin admonished:
“This [U.S. Constitution] is likely to be administered for a course of years and then end in despotism… when the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic government, being incapable of any other.” – The Quotable Founding Fathers, pg. 39.
These warnings extend to all social science teachers of the present:
“As educators in the field of history–social science, we want our students to… understand the value, the importance, and the fragility of democratic institutions. We want them to realize that only a small fraction of the world’s population (now or in the past) has been fortunate enough to live under a democratic form of government.” – History-Social Science Framework for California Public Schools, pgs. 2, 7-8
Do you have the intellectual integrity and moral courage to at least act with the honesty of a child to speak the Emperor’s New Clothes truth?
Will you honor Memorial Day and fallen family, friends, and community members who who lied into illegal wars by demanding justice through lawful arrests of lying US “leaders” today?
If you will not demand such arrests, how much do you honor the lives of US military who served in good-faith effort, and died from those war lies?
Note: I make all factual assertions as a National Board Certified Teacher of US Government, Economics, and History, with all economics factual claims receiving zero refutation since I began writing in 2008 among Advanced Placement Macroeconomics teachers on our discussion board, public audiences of these articles, and international conferences. I invite readers to empower their civic voices with the strongest comprehensive facts most important to building a brighter future. I challenge professionals, academics, and citizens to add their voices for the benefit of all Earth’s inhabitants.
Carl Herman is a National Board Certified Teacher of US Government, Economics, and History; also credentialed in Mathematics. He worked with both US political parties over 18 years and two UN Summits with the citizen’s lobby, RESULTS, for US domestic and foreign policy to end poverty. He can be reached at Carl_Herman@post.harvard.edu
Note: Examiner.com has blocked public access to my articles on their site (and from other whistleblowers), so some links in my previous work are blocked. If you’d like to search for those articles other sites may have republished, use words from the article title within the blocked link. Or, go to http://archive.org/web/, paste the expired link into the box, click “Browse history,” then click onto the screenshots of that page for each time it was screen-shot and uploaded to webarchive. I’ll update as “hobby time” allows; including my earliest work from 2009 to 2011 (blocked author pages: here, here).