The story of Matthew 22:1-14 is Jesus stating that the choice for heaven is just this easy: accept the invitation.
To make this perfectly clear, the parable contrasts what not to do: don’t attack the messengers (more here).
The story ends with the famous line:
“Many are invited; but few accept.”
The story of Earth 2016 includes messengers for “heaven on Earth” (and here) technical solutions available here and now for all imaginable problems. Our history of inviting humans to accept this invitation seems to include the same punchline: “Many are invited; but few accept.” In addition, our messengers are routinely attacked; some killed (and here).
- Unlawful and lie-began wars.
- Crimes Against Humanity for ongoing policy of poverty that’s killed over 400 million human beings just in the last 20 years (~75% children; more deaths than from all wars in Earth’s recorded history).
- So-called “money” that is actually debt that creates accelerating and unpayable total debt.
- Destruction of nearly all rights lawfully guaranteed in the US Bill of Rights within the US Constitution, and in Orwellian inversion of limited government.
- “Covering the crimes” with lies by corporate media.
Indeed, these facts show the US has been a rogue state in strong evidence for over 150 years. In 2016, the US has become a tragic-comic empire close to the depravity of Rome.
Those of us awake feel strongly to be truthful in thoughts, words, and actions regarding these objective and independently verifiable facts. One must take this path to accept being an educated individual capable of discerning fact from what Professor Frankfurt includes in academic vocabulary: bullshit.
In contrast, the awakened would have to reject basic education to embrace bullshit so easily refuted by the most obvious and important facts. This path of being intentionally stupid is a devolved non-human better defined as a work animal for the bullshitters; a slave to manipulative control by psychopathic criminals delighting in Wars of Aggression, debt and death for the slaves, and lies.
The awakened can easily take the above journey to stand for truth as a beginning of what it means to be human.
Whatever Life is beyond these first applications of education, and whatever spiritual clues humans have been given for deeper meaning (including religious texts), much is a mystery to the limited equipment humans have for comprehensive intelligence of our most important questions:
- What exactly is a human being as helped defined by where we came from, how we got here, and where we go after death?
- What are the rules/consequences of and for our thoughts, words, actions?
- Who else is involved in Life on Earth; that is what other beings are engaged and for what purposes?
My evolving conclusions:
- After 40 years of working for social justice that includes two UN summits for heads of state, there are enough awakened that our work cannot be ignored by the human family.
- There are not enough awakened to stop the illegal and lie-began Wars of Aggression, debt system fraudulently claimed as “money,” and official lies through “leadership” of politicians and corporate media. There are only enough of us on Earth at this time to provide reasonable choice to humans whether to apply their education and care for truth about crucial areas, or to remain captive and willing work animals to apparent lying wanna-be slave masters.
- I sense I’m here for the express purpose to correct this condition of Emperor’s New Clothes .01% psychopathic empire centered in crimes with war, money, and lies.
- I sense I always and only operate in powerful teams, and am relatively alone only in appearance, and perhaps in purpose as our allegory to appear as relatively powerless and isolated with an invitation that can be confirmed as valid for anyone caring to look.
- I sense Divine Justice; that is, all of us have choice to serve Divine Justice, or be served to face Divine Justice. We are currently in the stage of providing this choice.
- Whatever exciting adventures are possible for humanity, that journey only begins once the choice for Divine Justice is complete, with a graduation or remediation as natural outcomes.
- This culmination of choice is upon us.
But perhaps I’m mistaken; quite naturally possible given human limitations of comprehensive knowledge.
Perhaps this choice has been extended for quite some time, or perhaps this planet is a permanent type of school for beings to learn from this ongoing choice:
“But now, after having once and for all put to the test the judgments of men, I here again approach these same questions regarding God and the human mind, and at the same time treat the beginnings of the whole of first philosophy, but in such a way that I have no expectation of approval from the vulgar and no wide audience of readers. Rather, I am an author to none who read these things but those who seriously meditate with me, who have the ability and the desire to withdraw their mind from the senses and at the same time from all prejudices. Such people I know all too well to be few and far between. As to those who do not take care to comprehend the order and series of my reasons but eagerly dispute over single conclusions by themselves, as is the custom for many-those, I say, will derive little benefit from a reading of this treatise; and although perhaps they might find an occasion for quibbling in many spots, still it is not an easy matter for them to raise an objection that is either compelling or worthy of response.”
– Rene Descartes, Meditations on First Philosophy, 1641, “Preface to the Reader.” Descartes is considered the founder of modern philosophy, the founder of analytical geometry (which led to calculus), and a founder of the Scientific Revolution. Descartes was well-known in his age, but highly controversial. His work was condemned by the Roman Catholic Church in 1633, and his books put on the Index of Prohibited Books in 1663. The University of Utrecht condemned his work in 1643, where he had previously taught.
No matter the context, what is your choice: to serve Divine Justice, or be served to face it?
For those involved in support of US government-sponsored disinformation and massive crimes that annually kill millions, harm billions, and loot trillions of the 99%’s dollars, I invite you to consider the quality of human relationships you wish to work for in creating your/our future.
Working for your best imagined self-expression of virtue may include a unique contribution from the inside of your agency. You, as Darth Vader and Professor Snape in fictions that are popular for strong resonance to a real story we all want told, can reclaim your hearts and honor to be our heroes.
Truly, aren’t you ready now to re-embrace love and honor as your path?
Please consider the wisdom of a “Scrooge conversion” to act for the benefit of all humanity rather than your self-proclaimed loveless “masters.” From Dickens’ 1843 text:
“Scrooge was better than his word. He did it all, and infinitely more; and to Tiny Tim, who did not die, he was a second father. He became as good a friend, as good a master, and as good a man, as the good old city knew, or any other good old city, town, or borough, in the good old world. Some people laughed to see the alteration in him, but he let them laugh, and little heeded them; for he was wise enough to know that nothing ever happened on this globe, for good, at which some people did not have their fill of laughter in the outset; and knowing that such as these would be blind anyway, he thought it quite as well that they should wrinkle up their eyes in grins, as have the malady in less attractive forms. His own heart laughed: and that was quite enough for him.”
Public attraction to the stories of Star Wars and the Harry Potter books/movies recognize that our society’s jump to civilized relations for all of us might require support from people within the “dark side” acting as covert agents for building a brighter future.
4-minute video of Darth Vader’s choice to serve love, family, and community rather than vicious psychopathic hatred:
Minions to the evil .01%: does this 1-minute video artistically represent your memories, too?
Note: I make all factual assertions as a National Board Certified Teacher of US Government, Economics, and History, with all economics factual claims receiving zero refutation since I began writing in 2008 among Advanced Placement Macroeconomics teachers on our discussion board, public audiences of these articles, and international conferences. I invite readers to empower their civic voices with the strongest comprehensive facts most important to building a brighter future. I challenge professionals, academics, and citizens to add their voices for the benefit of all Earth’s inhabitants.
Carl Herman is a National Board Certified Teacher of US Government, Economics, and History; also credentialed in Mathematics. He worked with both US political parties over 18 years and two UN Summits with the citizen’s lobby, RESULTS, for US domestic and foreign policy to end poverty. He can be reached at Carl_Herman@post.harvard.edu
Note: Examiner.com has blocked public access to my articles on their site (and from other whistleblowers), so some links in my previous work are blocked. If you’d like to search for those articles other sites may have republished, use words from the article title within the blocked link. Or, go to http://archive.org/web/, paste the expired link into the box, click “Browse history,” then click onto the screenshots of that page for each time it was screen-shot and uploaded to webarchive. I’ll update as “hobby time” allows; including my earliest work from 2009 to 2011 (blocked author pages: here, here).