There’s a Petition at Change.org to suspend Turkey’s membership in NATO.
Why kick Turkey out of NATO?
- Turkey just shut down the largest Turkish newspaper using tear gas, water canons and brutality:
- Turkey imprisons more journalists than any other country in the world
- Journalists – such as Dutch reporter Frederike Geerdink or Vice News’ Mohammed Rasool – are regularly detained on spurious charges
- Twitter reports that the Turkish government made more content removal requests than any other in the world … before completely blocking Twitter and Youtube
- After reporters, local police and Turkish generals caught a weapons shipment from Turkey into Syria, they were all arrested on “treason” charges for exposing the shipment
- Turkey’s president says he doesn’t have to follow the rulings of Turkey’s top court
- Turkey is one of the main supporters of ISIS and Al Nusra
- Turkey provided the chemical weapons used in the famous attacks which killed hundreds in Syria. Pulitzer-prize winning investigative reporter Seymour Hersh – who uncovered the Iraq prison torture scandal and the Mai Lai massacre in Vietnam – previously reported that high-level American sources tell him that the Turkish government carried out the chemical weapons attacks blamed on the Syrian government
- Unless reined in, Turkey may well get us into WW3 with Russia
Why are we allowing such an antidemocratic, tin pot dictatorship to stay in NATO?