I wrote that Credit Suisse documents in Global Wealth Report 2015 that the world’s wealthiest 1% now own more assets than Earth’s 99% combined. Here’s a revealing 3-minute video from 2013 on the wealth transfer from “former” colonized countries to their “former” imperial masters:
… and just ‘cuz it’s 30-seconds, consider a moment more of who’s “developing” whom:
- 1 person has 50 M&Ms.
- 7 people have 5 each.
- 22 people have one half an M&M each.
- 70 people have ~1/20th of an M&M; literally taking 3-4 M&Ms to smash, then dividing the tiny pieces among 70 people.
Please take a moment to feel what 70% of human beings have: a fragment of goods and services necessary for a fulfilled life.
Communicating to children? If you have a classroom of 33, the breakdown:
- 1 person has 65 M&Ms.
- 1 person has 20.
- 7 people have one and one half an M&M each.
- 24 people have ~1/20th of an M&M; literally taking 2 M&Ms to smash, then dividing the tiny pieces among 24 people.
For a classroom of 25:
- 1 person has 70 M&Ms.
- 1 person has 16.
- 5 people have 2.5 M&Ms each.
- 18 people have ~1/20th of an M&M; literally taking 1 M&M to smash, then dividing the tiny pieces among 18 people
How much human suffering does this material lust cause?
Immense suffering: 30,000 children die daily from preventable poverty, despite since 1969 these 1%-and-above wealth and political “leaders” of so-called “developed” and “former” colonial powers have promised to “end poverty once and for all, forever.”
The total poverty deaths since just 1995 are ~400 million; more than all wars and violent deaths in recorded human history.
Please also note that “inhumane acts intentionally causing great suffering or serious bodily injury” is the legal definition of “Crimes against humanity.” Given several world summits for presidents, prime ministers, and royalty that all global poverty can be ended with provable and simple methods, and for less than 1% of developed nations’ income (appropriately less than 1% of profits extracted from areas suffering poverty during colonialism), and that the end of poverty has been promised at the highest levels of government multiple times only to be reneged, current policies that allow ongoing poverty-deaths are intentional and therefore criminal.
Importantly, please confirm these economic facts that what we receive for economic leadership is literal criminal fraud:
- increasing national and total debts from having what we use for money created as debt owed to private banks,
- decaying infrastructure getting uglier from “deferred maintenance,”
- real unemployment near 25% with most families demanding both parents work longer and longer hours,
- real inflation well above official reports,
- US poverty of 20% among children,
- 72% of California students in schools with over half the children classified as “socio-economically disadvantaged,”
- a .01% oligarch class that “legally” hide $20 to $30 trillion in offshore tax havens,
- a rigged-casino economy designed for “peak inequality,”
- “too big to fail” banks demand public subsidies (so-called “bailouts”) while gambling with over $200 TRILLION in derivatives,
- these “too big to fail/jail” banks deriving most of their income from subsidies and apparent market manipulations,
- Daily and never-ending Orwellian criminal-complicit lies of corporate media.
I could go on to literally ~100 areas of crucial concern.
We have known solutions:
- Recognition of unlawful Wars of Aggression causes arrests of those issuing those orders, ending the wars for peace.
- Monetary and credit reform pays the national debt, creates full-employment, upgrades infrastructure, causes falling overall prices, for prosperity.
- Ending corporate media lies opens an unimaginable era for inspiring and comprehensive accurate public information for truth.
The future, upon victory, will be unprecedentedly and unimaginably bright.
The path forward as we build a critical mass of humans recognizing the Emperor’s New Clothes truth is to demand arrests and solutions, obviously:
- ARRESTS: the first responsible action upon recognizing massive crimes that annually kill millions, harm billions, and loot trillions is to demand that law enforcement and military enact arrests of criminal leaders to stop the crimes and begin unwinding the truth of what happened in Earth’s tragic-comedy (four-part article series with videos on arrests as the obvious citizen response).
- SOLUTIONS: the .01% with corporate media have suppressed solutions documented beginning with Benjamin Franklin how government can abundantly operate without taxes: monetary and credit reform allow the public to have near-instant prosperity: full-employment, zero public deficits and debt, the best infrastructure we can imagine, falling prices, and release of public TRILLIONS held in “rainy day” accounts. Full documentation here.
Oh, and given the data of poverty (“wealth inequality” is the .01%’s euphemism), take just one more minute to see how three former US Treasury Secretaries really feel about our poverty:
Note: I make all factual assertions as a National Board Certified Teacher of US Government, Economics, and History, with all economics factual claims receiving zero refutation since I began writing in 2008 among Advanced Placement Macroeconomics teachers on our discussion board, public audiences of these articles, and international conferences. I invite readers to empower their civic voices with the strongest comprehensive facts most important to building a brighter future. I challenge professionals, academics, and citizens to add their voices for the benefit of all Earth’s inhabitants.
Carl Herman is a National Board Certified Teacher of US Government, Economics, and History; also credentialed in Mathematics. He worked with both US political parties over 18 years and two UN Summits with the citizen’s lobby, RESULTS, for US domestic and foreign policy to end poverty. He can be reached at Carl_Herman@post.harvard.edu
Note: Examiner.com has blocked public access to my articles on their site (and from other whistleblowers), so some links in my previous work are blocked. If you’d like to search for those articles other sites may have republished, use words from the article title within the blocked link. Or, go to http://archive.org/web/, paste the expired link into the box, click “Browse history,” then click onto the screenshots of that page for each time it was screen-shot and uploaded to webarchive. I’ll update as “hobby time” allows; including my earliest work from 2009 to 2011 (blocked author pages: here, here).