hat tip: investmentwatchblog
Elliott Wave International’s 3-minute video documents US debt securities being sold by other nations’ governments (and here). This is in context of the historically ever-increasing US federal government’s $18 trillion debt. US “leadership” chose to somehow “freeze” their debt for the last 200 days, a seeming impossibility, with “debt ceiling” again addressed in Congress as ongoing theatrics.
Demonocracy’s 2-minute video to visualize the unimaginable magnitude of not millions or billions, but trillions of dollars in US federal government debt:
The so-called “developed” and “leading” nations have total central government debt pushing $50 trillion ($50,000,000,000,000). This accelerating debt is directly connected to these “former” colonial nations creating what is used for money as debt through bank oligarchies. These mechanics are like adding negative numbers forever; causing ever-increasing and unpayable aggregate debt.
The Emperor’s New Clothes obvious pathway out of these mechanics is to start creating debt-free money (a positive number) for the direct payment of public goods and services. Infrastructure investment that returns more economic output than cost of investment produces triple benefits:
- upgraded infrastructure,
- employment, and
- falling prices because total output is greater than cost.
These mechanics have been tested and documented since Benjamin Franklin’s days in colonial Pennsylvania, and affirmed by leading American minds like Thomas Edison, and supported by 86% of US economics professors when directly asked.
I have two academic papers to walk any reader through these facts; an assignment for high school economics students, and a paper for the Claremont Colleges’ recent academic conference:
If the sell-off of US debt securities marks an endgame ignition (when the end comes it will burst into flames), the good news is that monetary and credit reforms can quickly fix all economic problems that I can see.
The above explanations are clear, thorough, and easy enough for high school students to follow 🙂
We know what we have is in contrived Orwellian opposition of what leadership should create. We know that what we receive is literal criminal fraud:
- increasing national and total debts from having what we use for money created as debt owed to private banks,
- decaying infrastructure getting uglier from “deferred maintenance,”
- real unemployment near 25% with most families demanding both parents work longer and longer hours,
- real inflation well above official reports,
- US poverty of 20% among children,
- 72% of California students in schools with over half the children classified as “socio-economically disadvantaged,”
- a .01% oligarch class that “legally” hide $20 to $30 trillion in offshore tax havens,
- a rigged-casino economy designed for “peak inequality,”
- “too big to fail” banks demand public subsidies (so-called “bailouts”) while gambling with over $200 TRILLION in derivatives,
- these “too big to fail/jail” banks deriving most of their income from subsidies and apparent market manipulations,
- ongoing intentional poverty that kills ~20,000 children world-wide in gruesome slow-motion daily ($1 to $3 trillion over ten years would end poverty while reducing population growth rates),
- Daily and never-ending Orwellian criminal-complicit lies of corporate media.
I could go on to literally ~100 areas of crucial concern.
Please understand that I represent likely hundreds of thousands of professionals making factual claims with objective evidence anyone with a high school-level of education can verify. The purpose of education since the “Age of Enlightenment” is to present facts for public verification, and to seize the victory of refuting lies by would-be dictators, especially when such lies are obvious and of crucial public importance.
Note: I make all factual assertions as a National Board Certified Teacher of US Government, Economics, and History, with all economics factual claims receiving zero refutation since I began writing in 2008 among Advanced Placement Macroeconomics teachers on our discussion board, public audiences of these articles, and international conferences. I invite readers to empower their civic voices with the strongest comprehensive facts most important to building a brighter future. I challenge professionals, academics, and citizens to add their voices for the benefit of all Earth’s inhabitants.
Carl Herman is a National Board Certified Teacher of US Government, Economics, and History; also credentialed in Mathematics. He worked with both US political parties over 18 years and two UN Summits with the citizen’s lobby, RESULTS, for US domestic and foreign policy to end poverty. He can be reached at Carl_Herman@post.harvard.edu
Note: Examiner.com has blocked public access to my articles on their site (and from other whistleblowers), so some links in my previous work are blocked. If you’d like to search for those articles other sites may have republished, use words from the article title within the blocked link. Or, go to http://archive.org/web/, paste the expired link into the box, click “Browse history,” then click onto the screenshots of that page for each time it was screen-shot and uploaded to webarchive. I’ll update as “hobby time” allows; including my earliest work from 2009 to 2011 (blocked author pages: here, here).