Urban Institute reports that nearly two of every five American children spend at least one year in poverty before age 18, with a stunning 75% of US Black children in poverty for at least one year.
CBS interviewed the study author, Caroline Ratcliffe:
“It did surprise us. When we look at the annual number of children in poverty, it’s at about 20 percent, and we know children cycle into and out of poverty, so we knew it would be higher, but double is startling.”
Importantly, it’s likely an official poverty line of $24,250 yearly income for a family of four is a ridiculous understatement of the income to meet basic economic needs, given US “leadership” lies about economic data of employment and inflation to change definitions that result in ridiculous understatements. For example, when unemployment today is counted the same way as during the Great Depression, today’s statistics of over 20% unemployment for the last six years is worse.
Analysis: The mathematical mechanics of creating what we use for money as debt owed to private banks is the Orwellian opposite of a “monetary system.” When we create what we use for money as a negative number, these mechanics can only increase total debt. A predictable consequence of this Monopoly-type game over time is that assets accumulate to fewer and fewer players.
These players who created this game of calling debt as “money” while claiming this is “good for the country” and even “the best economy in the world” are literal asset-holes. This is fundamental criminal fraud with annual damages in the trillions of dollars, with billions of humans suffering, and millions of people dying.
The only sane response under a limited government, what 95% of Americans believe in and stand for, is to arrest these .01% criminal “leaders.”
There is an alternative structure for full employment, zero debt, falling prices, and the best infrastructure we can imagine. Accelerating technology can and should provide an economy of:
- more personal freedom from labor,
- more beauty in infrastructure and nature,
- greater joy in our freedom to create and explore our beautiful, powerful, and diverse virtues (something like “resource-based economics” as researched by The Venus Project).
We know what we have is in contrived Orwellian opposition of what leadership should create. We know that what we receive is literal criminal fraud:
- increasing national and total debts from having what we use for money created as debt owed to private banks,
- decaying infrastructure getting uglier from “deferred maintenance,”
- real unemployment near 25% with most families demanding both parents work longer and longer hours,
- real inflation well above official reports,
- US poverty of 20% among children,
- 72% of California students in schools with over half the children classified as “socio-economically disadvantaged,”
- a .01% oligarch class that “legally” hide $20 to $30 trillion in offshore tax havens,
- a rigged-casino economy designed for “peak inequality,”
- “too big to fail” banks demand public subsidies (so-called “bailouts”) while gambling with over $200 TRILLION in derivatives,
- these “too big to fail/jail” banks deriving most of their income from subsidies and apparent market manipulations,
- ongoing intentional poverty that kills ~20,000 children world-wide in gruesome slow-motion daily ($1 to $3 trillion over ten years would end poverty while reducing population growth rates),
- Daily and never-ending Orwellian criminal-complicit lies of corporate media.
I could go on to literally ~100 areas of crucial concern.
Please understand that I represent likely hundreds of thousands of professionals making factual claims with objective evidence anyone with a high school-level of education can verify. For example, the June 2015 Seizing an Alternative conference (and here, videos here) at the Claremont Colleges had hundreds of professionals presenting data and solutions in over 80 areas of speciality. My paper and videos for this conference is here.
The purpose of education since the “Age of Enlightenment” is to present facts for public verification, and to seize the victory of refuting lies by would-be dictators, especially when such lies are obvious and of crucial public importance.
The path forward as we build a critical mass of humans recognizing the Emperor’s New Clothes truth is to demand arrests and solutions, obviously:
- ARRESTS: the first responsible action upon recognizing massive crimes that annually kill millions, harm billions, and loot trillions is to demand that law enforcement and military enact arrests of criminal leaders to stop the crimes and begin unwinding the truth of what happened in Earth’s tragic-comedy (four-part article series with videos on arrests as the obvious citizen response).
- SOLUTIONS: the .01% with corporate media have suppressed solutions documented beginning with Benjamin Franklin how government can abundantly operate without taxes: monetary and credit reform allow the public to have near-instant prosperity: full-employment, zero public deficits and debt, the best infrastructure we can imagine, falling prices, and release of public TRILLIONS held in “rainy day” accounts. Full documentation here.
We know for certain that until these .01% “leaders” are stopped, all we’ll have is ongoing lies, crimes, and immense suffering. The Founders of the US were keenly aware of the historical failures for people to live in a society free from oligarchs. Greece devolved into an empire demanding tribute, then fell to civil war. Rome devolved into a ridiculous tragic-comedy of corrupt empire, then fell. The American Founders admonished us in the strongest language possible that we face those same risks.
If the 99.99% is to win this time, arrests will happen from:
- Growing demand for arrests from those of us sufficiently educated that the facts prove obvious crimes. This is as easy as being the person in the Emperor’s New Clothes pointing-to and stating what anyone can see who looks.
- Law enforcement and military’s organic responses to honor their Oaths to arrest literal criminal psychopaths (and here) who ongoingly commit Crimes against Humanity.
Note: I make all factual assertions as a National Board Certified Teacher of US Government, Economics, and History, with all economics factual claims receiving zero refutation since I began writing in 2008 among Advanced Placement Macroeconomics teachers on our discussion board, public audiences of these articles, and international conferences. I invite readers to empower their civic voices with the strongest comprehensive facts most important to building a brighter future. I challenge professionals, academics, and citizens to add their voices for the benefit of all Earth’s inhabitants.
Carl Herman is a National Board Certified Teacher of US Government, Economics, and History; also credentialed in Mathematics. He worked with both US political parties over 18 years and two UN Summits with the citizen’s lobby, RESULTS, for US domestic and foreign policy to end poverty. He can be reached at Carl_Herman@post.harvard.edu
Note: Examiner.com has blocked public access to my articles on their site (and from other whistleblowers), so some links in my previous work are blocked. If you’d like to search for those articles other sites may have republished, use words from the article title within the blocked link. Or, go to http://archive.org/web/, paste the expired link into the box, click “Browse history,” then click onto the screenshots of that page for each time it was screen-shot and uploaded to webarchive. I’ll update as “hobby time” allows; including my earliest work from 2009 to 2011 (blocked author pages: here, here).