“Crimes against humanity” include any of the following acts committed as part of a widespread or systematic attack directed against any civilian population, with knowledge of the attack:
- the crime of apartheid;
- other inhumane acts of a similar character intentionally causing great suffering or serious bodily or mental injury.
– International Criminal Court (ICC)
The US Declaration of Independence is honored for asserting unalienable rights of “Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness” for each and every human being. The most cruel violation of these cherished ideals is intentional policy for ~20,000 children to die slow, painful, gruesome deaths from preventable poverty each and every day.
Full documentation of all poverty facts is here; main points:
- The developed nations promised a mere 0.7% of their income to end all aspects of global poverty. The US typically underfunds this promise by ~400% (providing just 1/4th the promise).
- The American public believe we give 25% of our budget to foreign aid, and are willing to give 10% (~$380 billion for 2015). The amount invested is actually ~$30 billion/year. The US spends over $600 billion/year on the military. The total amount to end poverty is ~$100 billion a year for ten years.
- Ending poverty reduces population growth rates in every historical case, reduces strains on resources, and according to the CIA is the best way to end global terrorism.
- The number of children who die from preventable poverty is ~20,000 every day, with a total human death toll of ~1,000,000 every month. The total deaths from poverty in the last 15 years is conservatively greater than from all wars, revolutions, murders, accidents, and suicides in the 20th century. In the past 20 years, the total deaths from poverty probably eclipse all the above categories of death in all known human history. In the past 35 years, preventable poverty has killed ~ 450 million people, which equals the entire population of the United States plus five additional Californias.
This is ongoing Crimes against Humanity: US political “leaderships” of both parties allow people in poverty, mostly helpless children under the age of five, to die before our eyes in numbers greater than all of the catastrophic events in our history books. This becomes a Crime against Humanity from the above definition because it’s systemic premeditated attack that rejects world summit promises to end poverty, and instead willfully chooses:
- Unlawful and lie-began wars,
- So-called “money” that is actually debt, then imposed upon the poor rather than empowering their own creations of debt-free money.
- “Covering the crimes” with lies by corporate media.
The choices to kill in lie-began unlawful wars, ensnare the world in escalating and unpayable debt, then allow the debt-burdened and war victimized to die in the hundreds of millions are Emperor’s New Clothes-obvious Crimes against Humanity.
Please read the above paragraph twice, and verify its objective and independently verifiable factual background.
In my July 4th series, we’ve documented what Americans already know from basic education beginning in elementary school and fully completed in high school:
- The ideals of the Declaration of Independence are expressions of the ridiculous gap between the rights promised to be upheld by government and the reality of those violated promises from massive crimes centering in war and money that annually kill millions, harm billions, and loot trillions (full documentation with videos).
- The US .01% crimes centering in war are especially egregious, as they are so obviously unlawful from two treaties after each of the two world wars that all our families sacrificed dearly to win. These crimes are Emperor’s New Clothes obvious, and require those of us with Oaths to the US Constitution to exercise our Oaths, with those in military and law enforcement to enact arrests of obvious War Criminal suspects (full documentation with video).
Do you honor our Declaration of Independence, the US Constitution, and our level of education to act upon the obvious when recognized?
Be the Americans you’ve always wanted to be.
An artistic 2-minutes on the Declaration of Independence from Anthony Hopkins in Amistad (1997):
A celebrity reading of the Declaration in 2003:
John F. Kennedy reading the Declaration in 1957:
Note: I make all factual assertions as a National Board Certified Teacher of US Government, Economics, and History, with all economics factual claims receiving zero refutation since I began writing in 2008 among Advanced Placement Macroeconomics teachers on our discussion board, public audiences of these articles, and international conferences. I invite readers to empower their civic voices with the strongest comprehensive facts most important to building a brighter future. I challenge professionals, academics, and citizens to add their voices for the benefit of all Earth’s inhabitants.
Carl Herman is a National Board Certified Teacher of US Government, Economics, and History; also credentialed in Mathematics. He worked with both US political parties over 18 years and two UN Summits with the citizen’s lobby, RESULTS, for US domestic and foreign policy to end poverty. He can be reached at Carl_Herman@post.harvard.edu
Note: Examiner.com has blocked public access to my articles on their site (and from other whistleblowers), so some links in my previous work are blocked. If you’d like to search for those articles other sites may have republished, use words from the article title within the blocked link. Or, go to http://archive.org/web/, paste the expired link into the box, click “Browse history,” then click onto the screenshots of that page for each time it was screen-shot and uploaded to webarchive. I’ll update as “hobby time” allows; including my earliest work from 2009 to 2011 (blocked author pages: here, here).