The origin of claims that Iranian President Ahmadinejad threatened to “wipe Israel off the map” is his October 30, 2005 speech. The crystal-clear content and context prove this claim is false, and that “leaders” threatening war on Iran over this speech are committing War Crimes. These War Crimes, in context of ongoing War Crimes in the Middle East, require immediate arrests of political and media “leaders” (video evidence below). US military are required by Oath and training to refuse all orders associated with unlawful wars, with officers required to arrest those who issue them.
Speech transcript from the New York Times:
“We need to examine the true origins of the issue of Palestine: is it a fight between a group of Muslims and non-Jews? Is it a fight between Judaism and other religions? Is it the fight of one country with another country? Is it the fight of one country with the Arab world? Is it a fight over the land of Palestine? I guess the answer to all these questions is ‘no.’
… Let’s take a step back. We had a hostile regime in this country which was undemocratic, armed to the teeth and, with SAVAK, its security apparatus of SAVAK [the intelligence bureau of the Shah of Iran’s government; the Shah installed by US overthrow of Iran’s democracy in 1953 with SAVAK trained by US CIA killing thousands of Iranians seeking democracy] watched everyone. An environment of terror existed. When our dear Imam [Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, the founder of the Iranian revolution] said that the regime must be removed, many of those who claimed to be politically well-informed said it was not possible. All the corrupt governments were in support of the regime when Imam Khomeini started his movement. All the Western and Eastern countries supported the regime even after the massacre of September 7  and said the removal of the regime was not possible. But our people resisted and it is 27 years now that we have survived without a regime dependent on the United States. The tyranny of the East and the West over the world should have to end, but weak people who can see only what lies in front of them cannot believe this.
Who would believe that one day we could witness the collapse of the Eastern Empire? But we could watch its fall in our lifetime. And it collapsed in a way that we have to refer to libraries because no trace of it is left. Imam [Khomeini] said Saddam must go and he said he would grow weaker than anyone could imagine. Now you see the man who spoke with such arrogance ten years ago that one would have thought he was immortal, is being tried in his own country in handcuffs and shackles by those who he believed supported him and with whose backing he committed his crimes.
Our dear Imam said that the occupying regime must be wiped off the map and this was a very wise statement. We cannot compromise over the issue of Palestine. Is it possible to create a new front in the heart of an old front. This would be a defeat and whoever accepts the legitimacy of this regime [Israel] has in fact, signed the defeat of the Islamic world. Our dear Imam targeted the heart of the world oppressor in his struggle, meaning the occupying regime. I have no doubt that the new wave that has started in Palestine, and we witness it in the Islamic world too, will eliminate this disgraceful stain from the Islamic world. But we must be aware of tricks [by Israel on Palestine].
… Recently they [the Israelis] tried a new trick. They want to show the evacuation from the Gaza strip, which was imposed on them by Palestinians, as a final victory for the Palestinians and end the issue of Palestine with the excuse of establishing a Palestinian government next to themselves. Today, they want to involve Palestinians with mischief and trick them into fighting with one another over political positions so that they would drop the issue of Palestine.
… The issue of Palestine is not over at all. It will be over the day a Palestinian government, which belongs to the Palestinian people, comes to power; the day that all refugees return to their homes; a democratic government elected by the people comes to power. Of course those who have come from far away to plunder this land have no right to choose for this nation.”
Therefore, in a speech on the topic of democracy for Palestine that is respected by Israel rather than attacked, Ahmadinejad says in the speech’s section in question:
- People once thought it impossible to remove the Shah as Iran’s dictator, but it was done.
- People thought the Soviet government and Saddam’s would never fall, and that was done.
- Quoting Imam Khomeini that just as Iran’s Shah’s regime had to be removed, Israel’s regime must vanish because it does not respect democracy for Palestine.
The speech’s content and context is changing undemocratic and violent regimes, with no more threat to Israel’s public than to Iran’s public under the Shah.
Importantly, we can get greater clarity by reviewing crucial history of US and Israel lies and War Crimes on Iran and Palestine:
- In 1953, US CIA Operation Ajax violently and in an unlawful act of war overthrew Iran’s democracy. The US and UK, in Orwellian contrast to Cold War rhetoric, installed a vicious dictatorship with secret police force to crush Iranian voice for democracy.
- The puppet Shah and SAVAK killed thousands of Iranians just for wanting democracy. When the Shah fled to the US in 1979, the US refused extradition to Iran for these murders. That is what sparked the hostage crisis, which would have ended upon US agreement to return the Shah to Iran for trial.
- After the 1979 Iran Revolution ending the Shah’s US-sponsored brutal dictatorship, and Iran rejected further US control, the US armed and supported the US-sponsored brutal dictatorship in Iraq under Saddam Hussein to attack, invade, and attempt to capture Iran in an unlawful War of Aggression from 1980-1988. This war killed ~ one million Iranians.
- The US attacked and destroyed Iranian oil platforms and facilities in that war, and shot down commercial airliner 655 in Iran’s airspace, killing all 293 on board. Vice-President Bush said he would never apologize for the United States and, “I don’t care what the facts are.”
- When Iran began selling oil for currencies other than dollars in 2005, that began US rhetoric to demonize and attack Iran again. This followed US war on Iraq after they began selling oil for currencies other than dollars. After US war on Iraq, the policy was changed to selling Iraq oil only for dollars.
- US official policy allows first-strike nuclear weapons use on Iran if the US claims Iran is a threat to the US or Israel.
- IAEA confirms all Iran’s nuclear material is lawfully used for energy and medicine. There has never been one violation, ever. The US and Israel continually lie to fear-monger that perhaps Iran has a “secret facility” without ever offering evidence (also here, here, here).
- President Obama lied to Israeli media a week before his March 2013 visit: “We think it would take over a year or so for Iran to actually develop a nuclear weapon.” This repeated claim is a lie because it opposes all 16 US intelligence agencies’ most current official National Intelligence Estimate (NIE – these are updated when intelligence suggests status change), all IAEA official reports from their full-time monitoring of all Iran’s nuclear material and plants, and several definitive official US reports, all while Mr. Obama and other war-mongering liars provide zero evidence to support this claim. This follows a long history of such lies. When a person makes a claim in defiance of all known objective evidence, and without any evidence of his own, any rational person conservatively concludes the claim is a known lie.
- The US CIA continually work to overthrow Iran’s government, with spy operations legally defined as acts of war.
- Official US agencies confirm all reasons for war on Iraq and Afghanistan beginning in 2001 were known to be false as they were told, with Wars of Aggression not even close to lawful.
US and Israel political and corporate media “leadership” damn themselves as War Criminals and psychopaths by taking a speech admonishing Israel to act legally and morally with Palestine, and lying that it says to physically “wipe Israel off the map.”
To clarify Palestine war propaganda as Israel literally wipes Palestine off the map:
- Israel v. Gaza: The Big Picture
- Confused About Hamas, ‘rockets’, war in Gaza? Those plus: Israeli occupation, lawful versus unlawful war, Israel illegal weapons, targeting hospitals
- Facts All US Citizens Need to Know About Israel and Palestine
More history of US and Israeli lies about map wiping: Israeli leadership continuously claims that Iran threatens to “wipe Israel off the map.” You may recall US presidential candidate Mitt Romney making the same claim, joining previous Bush Administration leadership, Obama, McCain, Sarah Palin, Vice President Joe Biden (with three video clips of total 5-minutes to see and hear for yourself), Mrs. Clinton, Romney, Gingrich, Santorum, Bachmann, Perry, Huntsman (2-minute video to see and hear).
The Daily Caller repeated this claim when I last addressed this in July, 2014, without reference to Iran’s military calling for truce and their Foreign Ministry repeating that Iran historically and currently seeks Palestinian rights, and with competing claims the Daily Caller source (Ayatollah Ali Khamenei) only urges resistance to Israel’s military occupation and invasion. The Daily Caller omits Khamenei’s solution for Israel: democratic referendum with zero harm to anyone of Jewish religion.
Conclusion: As I’ve often expressed, US military, government (including law enforcement), and millions of Americans (including all California public employees) have Oaths to “defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.”
It’s hard to imagine a worse domestic enemy than those who knowingly lie for unlawful attack on foreign countries, resulting in millions of war-deaths.
I recommend demanding immediate arrests because war law is so clear, US/Israel violations are “Emperor’s New Clothes” and “Big Lie” obvious, and the importance to remove these people from power is of literal life-and-death urgency. Wars of Aggression are the Orwellian opposite of upholding the US Constitution and the promised peace from all our families’ sacrifices of two world wars.
Video evidence of psychopathic lying to incite war-murders of Iranians: