It’s Not Our Fight
Most American mainstream media say that the Ukranian people rose up against a decadent dictator to chart their own destiny.
People like Mark Ames argue that all sides have dirt on their hands.
At this point, I have no idea which of these explanations is correct, or whether some combination of these forces is playing out in the region.
But I do know one thing: we should stay the heck out of Ukraine.
- Ukraine is far away … on the other side of the world
- As neighbors with Russia – and a former part of the Soviet Union – Russia considers the Ukraine to be part of its national security interest
- Russia is a nuclear power
Moreover, I want to stay out of another war for very practical reasons:
- War is horrible for our economy
- “Humanitarian war” is a scam
This isn’t our fight … and the downside of getting involved are gigantic.