Senator: Clapper’s Crimes More Harmful to America than Snowden’s
Director of National Security James Clapper is in trouble. For example:
- The author of the Patriot Act and former chairman of the House Judiciary Committee – Congressman James Sensenbrenner – says that Clapper should be prosecuted for lying to Congress and the American people about NSA spying
- One of the co-chairs of the 9/11 Commission – Lee Hamilton agrees
- As does Congressman Tom McClintock
- 7 members of the House Judiciary Committee (Sensenbrenner, Issa, Franks, Farenthold, Gowdy, Labrador and Poe ) have asked the Department of Justice to investigate Clapper for perjury
- And Senator Rand Paul says that Clapper’s crimes have hurt America far more than Snowden’s
And a huge majority of Americans agree that Clapper should be prosecuted for perjury.