Painting by Anthony Freda: www.AnthonyFreda.com.
Americans Becoming Increasingly Resentful of Skewed Government Policies
Polls show that – despite President Obama’s rhetorical skills – Americans don’t like his core policies.
This is not a partisan statement … Americans have come to despise both mainstream Democratic and mainstream Republican party policies.
- Believe by a 70-30% margin that big banks and corporations – rather than average Americans – have benefited most from Obama’s economic policies. 2 years ago, 74% thought that the bailouts helped Wall Street more than the people
- Want to break up the big banks
- Overwhelmingly want the government to get tougher on prosecuting Wall Street fraud
- Oppose war against Syria (and see this). This is not as new or surprising as many believe: Americans have been sick and tired of war in the Middle East for years
- Oppose arming the Syrian rebels
- Hate the broad program of spying currently being conducted by the NSA and other government agencies
- Think that the government has gone way too far in the name of terrorism, and want our liberties restored
- Don’t believe the NSA
- Consider NSA leaker Edward Snowden to be a hero
- Don’t trust Obama to actually do anything to rein in spying
- Want the director of intelligence – James Clapper – prosecuted for perjury
- Overwhelmingly support labeling genetically modified food
- Oppose Obamacare by a 45 percent to 23 percent margin. Liberals now realize that it’s turned into a feeding frenzy for big healthcare companies … which creates two classes of citizens
Indeed, poll after poll shows that both mainstream parties – Democrat and Republican – are deeply unpopular with the American people.
Both conservatives and liberals want to cut the corporate welfare queens off from the public dole.
Americans of all political stripes have awoken to the fact that most politicians are corrupt, and that big government and big business have become intertwined in a malignant relationship which hurts us little people.