Government leaders talk about creating jobs … but their actions just hurt the average American.
Mr. Self-Sufficient Job Creator Mitt Romney’s Bain Capital destroyed jobs left and right.
Romney launched Bain Capital with money from the leaders of El Salvador’s death squads.
And a federal bailout saved Bain from ruin.
But surely Mr. Liberal Help-the-Little-Guy Barack Obama is fighting for the worker?
Unfortunately not … Obama thinks that unemployment is a good thing, because it shows that the economy is productive.
They both support terrible government policies, the off-shoring of American jobs, never-ending bailouts and ruthless behavior by the big banks … and so we will continue to have Depression-level unemployment under either a second Obama term or a president Romney.
- The politicos and lobbyists are doing great – D.C. has the highest income in the country – and yet Main Street is suffering
In case we weren’t clear about how unhelpful government policies are in relation to job creation, let us give some example:
- The government has intentionally squashed lending by the big banks in an idiotic attempt to give the banks never-ending bailouts, without causing runaway inflation. (And see this)
- An economics professor says we’ll have “a never-ending depression unless we repudiate the debt, which never should have been extended in the first place” … but the government refuses to ask big banks to write down their debts
- Fraud was one of the main causes of the Depression, but nothing has been done to rein in fraud today. But the only action the government is taking is to help cover up fraud
- All leading independent economists have said that the economy cannot recover until the big, insolvent banks are broken up, but the government has just helped them to get bigger
- Excessive leverage helped cause the Great Depression and the current crisis, but the government has encouraged more leverage
- The Federal Reserve caused the Great Depression and the current crisis, and has done nothing but help the fatcats at the expense of the little guy. And yet the government has given the Fed more power than ever
- Government policies send manufacturing jobs and dollars abroad
- The government’s monetary policy is only making things worse