The 1% mock America’s war dead on every Memorial Day because they continuously damn more US soldiers to kill and die in unlawful wars.
This is an insult to our military past and present, and their families. Because an unlawful war is a literal attack upon US soldiers, it is also treason by the 1% upon American military.
Current US wars are not close to lawful: war law is the legal victory all of our families sacrificed to achieve through two world wars: no nation is allowed to use their military in armed attack unless under attack by another nation’s government.
War law was primarily authored by the US, and has treaty status that from Article 6 of the US Constitution makes this US “Supreme Law.” All US military and various US law enforcement have oaths to “support and defend the US Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.” Because there are no lawful orders in an unlawful war, all US soldiers and law enforcement officers are charged to refuse such orders, and act to arrest those who issue them.
All US military are trained to refuse unlawful orders, with officers authorized to arrest those who issue unlawful orders. The problem is that the 1% who want these wars educate our military on lawful orders once war has begun, but never on the law when war itself is lawful or not. The 1% who own the 6 corporations that dominate US media will also never communicate war law.
Therefore, the US military have the power to end the 1%’s mockery of their service, their families, and trillions of the 99%’s tax dollars whenever individuals or groups so choose.
How much longer will US military and law enforcement tolerate 1% policies of war that kill millions, harm billions, and loot trillions?
Importantly, the 99% of the American public also dishonor our military with any thoughts, words, or deeds under illegal US Wars of Aggression other than to demand arrests of obvious US War Criminals and immediate end of the wars.
The 99%’s confusion is understandable, given the lies corporate media have told, including in our history texts.
“A mere demarcation on parchment of the constitutional limits (of government) is not a sufficient guard against those encroachments which lead to a tyrannical concentration of all the powers of government in the same hands.” - James Madison, Federalist Paper #48, 1788.
US war history brief to put the present in context:
1. The US regularly violated treaties with Native Americans, as well as manipulating their meaning for the purpose of stealing their land.
2. US President Polk lied to Congress to initiate a War of Aggression in Mexico. The result was the US taking 40% of Mexico in 1848. This occurred despite Abraham Lincoln’s crystal-clear explanation as a member of Congress that the Adams-Onis Treaty placed the “border dispute” 400 miles within land forever promised to Mexico and forever promised as outside any US claim.
4. The US reneged on promises of freedom after the Spanish American War to impose our rule on the Philippines and install US-friendly dictators in Cuba.
6. The CIA had several covert wars; perhaps most important in today’s context of war on Iran: “Operation Ajax” that overthrew Iran’s democracy and installed a US-friendly and brutal dictator. When that dictator was overthrown and Iran refused another, the US aided Iraq to unlawfully invade and attack Iran from 1980-1988; killing up to a million Iranians. If the US lied and acted twice to unlawfully overthrew Iran’s democracy within our own lifetimes, shouldn’t we assume first another lie-started unlawful war today? Upon confirmation of the lies (documented below), shouldn’t we arrest the US War Criminals rather than allow them to kill again?!?
7. The Vietnam War occurred after the US allowed the cancellation of an election to unify the country, as escalated with the Gulf of Tonkin incident: false intelligence at best, but then manipulated into a false-flag event for a “defensive” war.
8. Perhaps most disturbing is the King Family civil suit that found the US government guilty in the assassination of Dr. King. Corporate media, including our text publishers, omit this history. The King family’s conclusion is that Martin was assassinated to prevent his “Occupy DC” plan beginning for the sumer of 1968 to end his version of today’s wars.
9. We now know from Congressional reports that all “reasons” for war with Iraq were known to be false as they were told.
10. The two “reasons” for war with Iran are as false as the “reasons” for war with Iraq. Beware a false flag attack by the US or Israel to blame on Iran as pretext for another “defensive” war:
- Iran’s president never physically threatened Israel.
- All of Iran’s nuclear material is fully accounted for peaceful and legal use for energy and medicine.
Want a brighter future? Recognize and end the “emperor has no clothes” obvious crimes of the present as a first step. Standing for a US government that defends unalienable rights that begin with “life,” the freedom that government will not murder, is a good place to start.
I invite you all to stand with Lincoln’s assertion:
“… let every American pledge his life, his property, and his sacred honor;–let every man remember that to violate the law, is to trample on the blood of his father, and to tear the character of his own, and his children’s liberty. Let reverence for the laws, be breathed by every American mother, to the lisping babe, that prattles on her lap–let it be taught in schools, in seminaries, and in colleges; let it be written in Primers, spelling books, and in Almanacs;–let it be preached from the pulpit, proclaimed in legislative halls, and enforced in courts of justice. And, in short, let it become the political religion of the nation; and let the old and the young, the rich and the poor, the grave and the gay, of all sexes and tongues, and colors and conditions, sacrifice unceasingly upon its altars.
While ever a state of feeling, such as this, shall universally, or even, very generally prevail throughout the nation, vain will be every effort, and fruitless every attempt, to subvert our national freedom.”