Fission Has Restarted at Fukushima
I have reported for months that nuclear reactions are probably still continuing at Fukushima .
This has been confirmed today.
Here are headlines from today courtesy of EneNews (click through to read source material):
- ALERT: “Fission restarted” at Fukushima Reactor No. 2 — Jiji, NHK report detection of Xenon-135 — TEPCO now injecting boric acid
- FOX: Radiation may have been released from Reactor No. 2 — TEPCO scheduled for 10pm EST press conference
- Press Conference: Nuclear fission may also be happening in Reactors No. 1 and 3 — Curium mentioned… MORE
- TEPCO: If nuclear chain reaction is happening, it is ‘small-scale’ — NHK: Xenon created when there is nuclear fission of uranium-235
- Tokyo U. Nuke Expert: “Possible that nuclear reaction is STILL taking place inside the reactor” -WSJ
Actually, “inside the reactor” could be a misnomer. As I noted last month:
New thermal images released by Tepco appear to confirm that the radioactive cores are not within the containment vessels.
In related news:
- Hot particles found at 2 out of 3 US monitoring stations during April, including Boston — “There will be an increase in cancers, especially on the West Coast” says nuke expert (VIDEO)
Yup … it’s the 1%’s fault.