1% Defectors

Preface: The same reader who wrote Wearing the 99% Badge wrote this post.

Most of the 1% aren’t really 1%, they are the 99% in special circumstances. Still people do forget who they are.

The police are agents of the 1%, but as humans they are really 99%. The police are the 99% when they go home. They are the 99% when they retire. We need the police to decide to come back to protect the 99% when they are on the job. The arrest of officers such as Lt. John Pike at UC Davis will help remind all police officers that they need to make a choice. Either be part of the 99% or be an agent of the 1%. However, if things go wrong while being an agent of the 1%, the 1% will leave them to twist in the wind. The arrest of Lt. Pike and the loss of his job, pension and employment prospects is a healthy reminder for all police officers.

Chancellor Katehi at UC Davis is a 1%er, but the 1% will let her twist in the wind. All the other university chancellors in the US need to be reminded of this. Defect to the 99% before it is too late.

After the police and other enablers of the 1% defect, the 1% will be reduced to the 1% of the 1%. It will be a very lonely place to be.

This entry was posted in Politics / World News. Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://www.examiner.com/nonpartisan-in-national/carl-herman Carl Herman

    Well said. We need to split the 1% and facilitate “Scrooge conversions” for those who ACT NOW for 100% of humanity. Many of the 1% are in tremendous positions to expose the CRIMINAL 1% and thereby help end the crimes.

  • Gendo Ikari

    “The arrest of Lt. Pike…”

    Bah. I got excited for a moment and thought I missed something important.

    Cops may not be 1%, but they’re effectively mercenaries working to protect the aggregated wealth of some the richest men in the world. Their alliance is far more important than their paycheck.

  • katek

    Agreed! Defectors: we accept you. And, we will protect and support you. And we will build, and let YOU build, a life of hard, honest work and respect and accomplishment, a life worth living, for yourself and your children and grandchildren. You know as well as, or better than, anyone that the other side won’t.

 

 

Twitter