The corporate media has almost entirely stopped covering the Gulf oil spill.
Many have tried to say that the effects of the spill are not nearly as bad as feared, and that everything is pretty much cleaned up and back to normal.
But today, it is widely being reported that there are currently massive stretches of weathered oil spotted in the Gulf of Mexico .
And websites like Florida Oil Spill Law (FOSL) have tirelessly been reporting on the Gulf oil spill this whole time.
To give an example of the ongoing crisis in the Gulf, here’s a roundup of some of the top stories from FOSL from the past 3 days:
- Toxicologist now dealing with at least three autopsies in Gulf — “People who’s esophaguses are dissolving”
- Healthy teenager, 16, hospitalized after swimming in Gulf on AUGUST 30 — “Compromised lung” & “enlarged heart”
- Toxicologist: 4 to 5 MILLION people on Gulf Coast exposed to dangerous levels of oil — Going to have incredible health effect
- Reporter STEPS onto beach, is then forced by private security to be “decontaminated” — “Yes” it’s about dispersants
- Boat captain “bleeding from her vagina” — “I’m bleeding from my anus, too… This thing is killing me”
- Oct. 19: “A seemingly unrelenting tide of oil” surprises pilot with “countless” flights over Gulf in last 6 months
- “Still so much oil and dispersant in the environment” says Gulf Restoration Network executive director
In related news, the government – always eager to immediately get to the bottom of what is really going on and then to fully publicize the results – has sent crucial Gulf samples to be analyzed in a lab . . . in Poland (all of the American labs are apparently busy testing the toxicity of hinky mortgages, mortgage backed securities, CDOs and naked CDSs). And the result will be shipped back by slow boat: NOAA isn’t expecting results back until the end of the year.